Marcie’s gfreeandfabulous Banana Nut Muffins Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees.Line muffin tin with paper liners. Fabulous Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 medium-size ripe bananas
- 1 egg (or flax meal replacement)
- 1/4 c local honey
- 1/3 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup (or if you prefer not to use maple syrup-add 1/4 cup more applesauce)
- 1/3 c coconut oil – scooped into measuring cup, then melted
1/4 c freshly brewed decaf espresso
2 Tbs Burbon Vanilla
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1 1/2 c Bobs Red Mill Gluten- Free Oat flour
- 1/2 c almond meal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cloves -mixed
- 2 tsp Aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Bobs Red Mill Baking Soda
- Mash bananas. Add egg, honey, applesauce, pure maple syrup, melted coconut oil, espresso and vanilla.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, including nuts.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling 3/4 the way full.
- ** Optional – lightly sprinkle organic evaporated cane juice crystals on top before baking
Bake at 375 for 15-19 minutes. Checking at 15 minutes by inserting toothpick into center for doneness. When tooth pick comes out clean, muffins are done. These are deliciously-moist muffins. Do not over bake. Enjoy!