There’s nothing more comforting …. than ooey-gooey yummy chocolate chunk cookies! I’ve been making these cookies for years. It’s a family and friend fave! I’ve converted my traditional recipe into a Gfreeandfabulous recipe as I now eat primarily g-free. I LOVE these even better than the original! These also happen to be dairy free, too! You can alter this recipe to fit your needs -it’s super user-friendly!
Marcie’s gfreeandfabulous black-n-white choco-chunkies:
- 1C Bobs Red Mill Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 1/2 C Coconut Flour
- 1/2 C Spelt or Brown Rice Flour
- 1 C Bobs Red Mill Gluten-Free Oats – finely ground in food processor (to an almost flour-like consistency)
- 3/4 C Coconut Oil – measured cold, then melted
- 2 Large eggs – or for egg-free version- replace with Golden Flax Meal equivallent) (ie: 1 tbs flaxmeal + 3 tbs water = 1 egg)
- 1/2 c honey (or 1/2 c organic, vegan Muscavado brown sugar)
- 1/2 c organic, vegan Muscavado brown sugar or organic vegan evaporated cane juice crystals
- 1 Tbs Tahitian or Burbon Vanilla
- 1/2 lb milk-free dark chocolate -chopped into large chunks (I find great varieties at Whole Foods Market)
- 1/2 lb milk-free white chocolate – chopped into large chunks (Again- found at whole foods)
- 1 C chopped Macadamia Nuts (Coarsely Chopped)
- 1 tsp finely ground sea salt
- 1 tsp Bobs Red Mill baking soda
Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
Prepare cookie sheets lined with parchment or silpat liners.
- I prepare these cookies mixing all by hand. However, you can place in your stand mixer as well.
- Process oats, set aside. Chop both chocolates into chunks about 1/4-1/2 inch squares – do not make uniform chunks – variety of shape makes them ROCK! Set chopped chocolates aside in bowl. Chop macadamia nuts, set aside.
- Mix eggs (or flax replacement) with coconut oil, honey, Muscavado or evaporated cane juice crystals and vanilla.
- Mix flours, ground oats, soda and salt.
- With large wooden spoon or firm rubber spatula, fold wet and dry mixtures together. Fold in chopped chocolates and nuts. Mix until combined.
- Using a large spoon scoop cookie dough into a 2-inch ball. Place 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes. Do not over bake. Check at 9 minutes – if slightly golden and no doughy spots, they are done. Remove and cool on cooling racks.
- Enjoy warm! Yummy! Or Store in airtight containers – if they last that long. Be sure to share!!
You can replace the flours with any flour you like. Keep ratios the same. For non-g-free-friends I use 2 cups organic whole-wheat pastry flour… or a mixture of 1 1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour and 1/2 c almond meal. If you can’t eat oats – but have another grain you can eat – feel free to substitute. You can also use raw butter in place of coconut oil. For extra indulgence – you can use all Muscavado sugar in place of the honey and sugar measurements.